TPI golf assessments
Do you want to lower your handicap, win your next golf tournament, or simply enjoy a round of golf without that nagging low back pain?
At Ballarat Osteopathic Clinic, our two TPI certified practitioners, Sally and Kym offer TPI screenings and assessments to identify any physical limitations that may be affecting your golf game.
Many golfers often experience physical limitations that can inhibit their swing efficiency, durability, and, ultimately, enjoyment of the game. We're here to help!
Who would benefit from a TPI screen and assessment?
Professional players, weekend enthusiasts or lovers of the game!
Anyone who is experiencing pain during or after their golf round can benefit from a TPI assessment. This can include:
- back pain
- hip pain or injury
- knee pain
- shoulder pain/rotator cuff pain
The screen is also valuable for people wanting to improve their golf game and play more often. An assessment will help identify any areas of weakness and allow us to come up with a plan to enable you to play more often, play better and decrease your chances of injury.
What is the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI)?
TPI is an organisation that provides golfers with the best fitness, health, and technical advice to help them improve their game. For the last 20 years TPI has studied thousands of golfers, ranging from the top professional Tour players to weekend enthusiasts. They have gathered an incredible amount of data on players of all shapes, sizes, ages, and fitness levels. Using this data, TPI discovered how a properly functioning body allows a player to swing a golf club in the most efficient way possible.
The most efficient golf swing is not the same for every golfer, because swing efficiency is unique to how you move your body. A TPI assessment will help you to create the most effective way for you to swing a club - while reducing your risk of developing an injury or playing in pain.
Some players you may know that have worked with TPI professionals include:
Tiger Woods, Adam Scott, Zach Johnson, Jordan Spieth, Phil Mickelson, Jon Rahm…the list goes on!
18 of the last 20 majors in the PGA have been won by players who have worked with TPI certified personnel!
25 of the top 30 PGA players are trained by TPI certified professionals, as well.
If TPI is good enough for those guys, it can be good enough for you!
What is a TPI assessment?
A TPI assessment three involves main things:
1. History: we take a detailed medical history, details of your golf game, strengths and weaknesses and also any areas of pain or concern.
2. Physical screen: we use the TPI designed 16 movement screen to assess how your body moves in terms of golf specific strength, mobility and power.
3. Treatment: Based on the results of your physical screen we will develop a personalised treatment program to improve any limitations or strength deficits we find. This may include any combination of: hands on manual osteopathic treatment, exercise prescription, strengthening exercises.
Initial TPI evaluation
All golfers require an Initial Titleist Performance Institute golf evaluation that includes:
- Medical history
- Learn about your golfing background and find out your golf specific goals
- Perform a TPI assessment and discuss your physical findings
- Determina a plan to help you move towards your goals
- Design an individually tailored exercise program accessible through the TPI app
Exercise program golf appointment
This is an extended 1 on 1 exercise appointment
*You can book this appointment after your Initial TPI evaluation
This is a directly supervised exercise appointment where you will be taken through the golf specific strength and conditioning program, we have designed for you.
This includes regular reassessment against your initial testing results to show your progress.